Home > Daily Prompt, Photos > Nature, No Question

Nature, No Question

Daily Prompt: The Natural World – Describe your first memorable experience exploring and spending time in nature. Were you in awe? Or were you not impressed? Would you rather spend time in the forest or the city?

Photographers, artists, and poets: show us NATURE.

I’m the  type of chap who prefers being at least reasonably close to nature. That’s fairly easy since I live in Cornwall, in the far South West of England.

Perranporth, Cornwall

Perranporth, Cornwall

I often visit Godrevy when I fancy a nice quiet walk – beaches, cliffs and moorland. It’s only a few miles from my house.

Godrevy, Cornwall

Godrevy, Cornwall

I spent many, many holidays in the North of Scotland.

Scotland

Somewhere in the North of Scotland

I lived in Cork, Ireland for four years.

Ireland

This little lake is either in County Cork or County Kerry – I was never sure where the border was

I’ve lived in Cork city, Guildford and Stuttgart – all cities, but I prefer nature, and it was never too far away!

I guess I’ve been pretty lucky.

1. June 30, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Beautiful pictures. I really love Perranporth in Cornwall & I was in Scotland a few times. The Grampian mountains are just amazing. I’ve never been to Ireland, to my shame as most of my family are from there. Maybe one day I’ll get there 🙂

• June 30, 2013 at 7:44 pm

I’ve been in the Grampians quite often, as my Gran lived in Lossiemouth on the Moray coast, which is nearby (ish).
      Try to get to Ireland, it’s quite beautiful!

2. July 1, 2013 at 12:33 am

Such gorgeous sweeping landscapes captured for everyone to see! Like me! It’s always been on my bucket list to see all those places you just mentioned, if only to breathe in and take in the view and explore everyone in that moment…

• July 1, 2013 at 6:32 am

It’s well worth it if you get the chance!

3. July 2, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Gorgeous photos!

• July 2, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Yes, and great places to get away from the stress and hustle and bustle of the day-to-day grind.

4. July 10, 2013 at 11:58 pm

Sorry my friend ~> could you post your lovely comment again?

-> Ha, this was brilliant! I particularly like the term “blombie” (see, I did read it) 🙂

It made it’s way into my spam box and I accidentally hit ’empty spam’…grrr! That’s the third time I’ve done that..:( But I was able to hit the back button and copy/paste it. 🙂
    Anyways, thanks for reading, and in advance for re-posting!
    I’m especially happy that you took to the word blombie…:) I want to try and make of it!
    Sorry, to crap up your lovely post here with my plea of ignorance – feel free to delete this comment! 🙂
    Thanks and thanks again!
    Andrea ~

• July 11, 2013 at 6:20 am

No worries, reposted!
      This has happened a lot recently – I changed my email address to a special one just for my blog because my “main” gmail was getting filled up with blog stuff and other stuff and things were getting lost.
      After my first comment I hastily re-wired my gravatar!
      However, I hadn’t realised that this would make me a “brand new” commenter. Best case, my first comment goes for moderation, but several have just disappeared forever! I shall keep trying until all of my old friends accept me again!

• July 11, 2013 at 7:19 am

So strange how that happens. It’s been happening a lot lately. I also noticed a few other bloggers pointing it out as well. Maybe there’s something wrong with the spam stopper (professional name) 🙂
        Thanks for re-posting! I really appreciate your comments!
        🙂 Andrea

• July 11, 2013 at 7:43 am

I’m glad you mentioned it’s been happening to other people – I thought it was just me 😦
        I really appreciate your comments too, which is why I’m worried about mine going into spam queues – I’m worried people will think I don’t love them any more!

• July 11, 2013 at 11:48 pm

No one would EVER think that!! 😀

1. June 30, 2013 at 4:43 pm
  2. June 30, 2013 at 7:02 pm
  3. June 30, 2013 at 9:24 pm
  4. June 30, 2013 at 11:29 pm

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )