Home > About draliman > Suzie’s Questions Answered

Suzie’s Questions Answered

Suzie has posed a number of questions to the blogging community at large, and I thought I would participate, along with many others. On with the questions!

1. Why have you chosen your blog name?

This is a cunning and clever amalgamation of my title, the short form of my first name and the fact that I am a “man”! I usually use “dralip” which includes the initial of my last name, but it didn’t sound like it would work as well for a blog name.

“mraliman” sounds stupid so I had to do a PhD to get the correct start to my pseudonym :-).

2. When you have an hour of free-time, what do you do?

Free time? My time is expensive, people. You want computer help, you pay! I don’t give my expertise away for free! That’s a lie. I do.

Oh, I see. What do I do in a free hour? It depends on my mood. I might read (fantasy/urban fantasy/sci-fi mainly). Maybe watch some TV. Read blogs or post something of my own. I might watch TV and blog at the same time, but I never do anything else when I read.

Free Time

What to do, so many options!

3. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what would it be?

I guess mid-thirties might be nice. Old enough to be wonderfully wise πŸ™‚ but young enough to still enjoy it. Cool.

4. If you could learn to do something, what would it be?

I’d love to be able to draw properly. To sit down at a canvas and create something wonderful. As you can see from my DraliDoodles I’m already pretty amazeballs πŸ˜‰ but I’d like to be better. Like, work my way up to sub-average. That would be good.

5. What would be the first thing you would buy if you won the lottery?

Everything! Because I can! Seriously, I’d like a house in the country, near a nice little village. Also a cottage in the wilds of Scotland for nice quiet breaks away from it all.

Scotland House

6. What is the thing that makes you absolutely unique?

No one thing, I would say. Everything that makes up me is present in others. It’s the amalgamation that makes me, me.

Wow, that sounded quite philosophical. Go team me!

7. What is your favourite blog?

Hah! I can’t answer that. I take something away from all the blogs I read. Some are inspirational. Some are funny. Some are informative. Some are creative. They all go together to make my perfect “blogging experience”.

So there you have my answers. To learn more about me you can check out my “About draliman” category.

Special bonus! I recently posted that the people at work had gone down to Chapel Porth to get our photos taken (by a professional!) for one of our websites. My picture is now live! At the time of writing, I am on the right hand side, second photo down – the hover-over gives my name as “Ali Phillips” (because “draliman” isn’t appropriate for a work site, of course).

1. November 24, 2013 at 10:43 am

It was nice to learn a little bit more about you, Draliman. The DraliDoodles are quite Pawsome and we love the way you see yourself…that’s so spiritually. We’ll hop over now to your photo, with leaving a.Pawkiss for a Happy Sunday πŸ™‚

• November 24, 2013 at 10:46 am

Thank you for your Pawkisses! I always like to learn a bit more about other bloggers too.
      Happy Sunday to you too πŸ™‚

• November 24, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Thank you – I’ve left a comment over there!

2. November 24, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Love these little new tidbits about you! Love the lottery house in the midst of high at Scottish landscape, too! I mean, you were really serious about getting away, weren’t you? πŸ˜‰

I also loved your photo!

• November 24, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Yeah, a nice quiet life away from it all!
      I reality it wouldn’t be such a big black house sticking out like that, though. It would be an eco-house ticked into a hill.
      It must have been years ago I took that photo – Scotland’s a long drive for a holiday on your own. Almost certainly one day I’ll go back.

3. November 24, 2013 at 4:58 pm

I knew you were just too cool. Now I know even more πŸ™‚ If you lived closer, I’d donate my Wacom Tablet to you since I will never figure it out anyhow and I think you might create even better doodles with it.

• November 24, 2013 at 5:18 pm

Thanks – I doubt I’d ever manage a masterpiece, though. Ah well, as long as I’m happy, doodling away. That’s the main thing!

4. November 24, 2013 at 11:29 pm

Wow, wow, wow your a good looking man! I expected a pseudo – ogre appearance from how you write about yourself.
    What the h*** is wrong with those women over there? You have a husband and daddy face.
    Thank you for sharing and is there any home search stories in the pipe line?

• November 25, 2013 at 7:26 am

Thanks! – are you sure you were looking at the correct photo? I guess nobody ever thinks they look good in a photo.
      As for home search stories, I will be writing a series once it’s all over. I know it would better if I wrote it as I go along, but I’m trying not to think about it too much so I don’t start to panic. FYI, the final search against the property is due on Wednesday so it’s getting quite close now I think.

5. November 25, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Loved all your answers Dr Ali πŸ™‚ So nice to learn a little more about you πŸ™‚

• November 25, 2013 at 12:37 pm

I’m glad you enjoyed another little peek into “me”!

6. November 25, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Love how you managed to work “amazeballs” in there!

• November 25, 2013 at 12:40 pm

When I typed it in I was amazed to see a little red line under it, actually. We must start a petition to get it added to the dictionary – it’s such a cool word πŸ™‚

• November 25, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Hmm, I’m not so sure about that . . .

7. November 25, 2013 at 4:51 pm

oh my goodness! I thought your blog was your name…as in D. Raliman. That’s how I was saying it in my head…D. Raliman…. hahahahaha was I ever off base!!

• November 25, 2013 at 4:59 pm

It could have been, but no!

8. November 26, 2013 at 10:32 am

How absolutely Dralisome!
    This was great to read and I’m happy to learn more about you! Also, your current dralidoodles and Chapel Porth picture are lovely!
    Well done, thanks for sharing, dralifriend!

• November 26, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Another great word – Dralisome! I might use that πŸ™‚
      It’s nice to share a little bit sometimes – but not too much. Keep ’em guessing πŸ™‚

1. November 24, 2013 at 9:52 am
  2. December 16, 2013 at 10:29 am

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )