Home > About draliman > Sharing My World Week 8

Sharing My World Week 8

It’s Week 8 at Sharing Your World, Cee’s weekly question and answer challenge. So let’s dive straight in!

share-your-world2

Your favourite blog post that you have written? (add link)
It’s quite hard to choose just the one post. Here’s one about a lad who joins the army in the 1800s, only to discover that it’s not all excitement and glory after all, written a year ago for the Storybook Corner challenge.

What do you feel is the most enjoyable way to spend $500? Why?
Currently that’s £323.84. I really have no idea how I would spend it. If I just had the money right now, it would go straight towards paying off a credit card, but that’s not very enjoyable!

I think maybe I would use it to fund a little mini-break up-country somewhere, maybe Cumbria. Or even to a different country as I’d quite like to visit Scotland again. I could use the money to stay in a nice little hotel somewhere.

If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be?
The first thing which entered my head was “when will I die” so that I know whether or not to keep paying money into my pension. But on second thought, I don’t think I really want to know.

Then I thought, when I die, is that me gone forever or is there something else waiting? But I’m not sure I want to know that either, just in case there isn’t.

It’s beginning to sound like I don’t really want to know the answers to any of the “big” questions. Because “hope” is an important thing to have in life, and I don’t want to accidentally lose any by getting the “wrong answer”.

So I’ll ask, “Which question should I ask?” So even though I won’t get the answer to the question I should have asked, I’m halfway there by knowing what the most important question is.

Where do you eat breakfast?
Nowhere. Sometimes I go through periods when I have a cereal bar, but, “most important meal of the day” or not, I don’t usually feel hungry first thing in the morning.

1. March 1, 2015 at 10:22 am

Ali, Stop thinking about death. You’re too young for that. I think you need one of those trips. Maybe you’re spending too much time playing a video game where someone’s trying to kill you. 😀 I’m so surprised that the English pound amounted to less than the Amercian dollar. I thought the American dollar was worth a lot less than the English pound. Well done. 🙂 — Suzanne

• March 1, 2015 at 5:51 pm

I’m definitely always playing video games where someone/thing is trying to kill me 🙂
      One pound is currently worth $1.54, so $500 gets you £323. Enough for the petrol to get to Scotland and back plus a night in a hotel!

• March 2, 2015 at 8:29 am

Thanks, Ali. I was confused. 😦 My mind sometimes hits off center. 🙂

• March 2, 2015 at 8:46 am

I always have to do a double-take when converting this sort of thing, too. That’s why I’m so happy that I can just type it all into Google and it converts it for me 🙂

2. March 1, 2015 at 2:50 pm

I think that many of us wonder about the same things as you, Ali – life after death, in particular. It’s not something we’re ever going to know, though. I agree that getting the ‘wrong’ answer would be worse than not knowing. Scotland would do you good, or the Lakes. Both are wonderful places, with scenery to inspire you – perhaps into writing that novel that’s bursting to be born. 🙂

• March 1, 2015 at 5:51 pm

That’s true. I could go on a “writer’s retreat”. Maybe sitting by a lake or loch would inspire me 🙂

3. March 1, 2015 at 4:30 pm

I’ve been to close to death too many times to be concerned about when i die. I’ve learned to just live for today and have fun. 🙂 Thanks for sharing.

4. March 1, 2015 at 5:25 pm

Yup, death…same response. Spend or save is all really want to know 😉

• March 1, 2015 at 5:53 pm

That would be a roundabout way to get to the same answer – “Yeah, I wouldn’t bother with a pension if I were you.” “Ulp!”

5. March 1, 2015 at 8:13 pm

See, that’s the trouble with being given money to spend. I have to assume it’s “spare” money or I too must use it to pay something I already owe. Or put it in savings, in case something ugly happens. Drat!

• March 2, 2015 at 8:45 am

Exactly. I have to force myself to spend any money I might get at Christmas on me, otherwise it ends up as groceries or petrol.

6. March 2, 2015 at 8:35 pm

Pawkisses for a Happy Week, Draliman. We have to think about a question before we get the answer, just like you 😀 ❤

7. March 3, 2015 at 3:57 am

How do I know I can trust the “person” that is answering my question to tell me the truth?
    Maybe “it” is a trickster or one of DrAli’s aliens.

• March 3, 2015 at 7:58 am

So not only am I not sure I want to know the answer, but the answer may be a lie anyway. This is getting more complicated by the second 🙂

8. March 4, 2015 at 5:39 am

That quitting putting money into your pension part was hilarious 🙂
    Ellespeth

• March 4, 2015 at 7:52 am

It always annoys me that it could all be lost if I inadvertently die young(ish) 🙂

9. March 7, 2015 at 9:07 am

‘To ask or not to ask, that is the question…’ 😉

• March 7, 2015 at 9:58 am

The bigger the question, the more curious I am and the less I actually want to know the answer 🙂

10. March 7, 2015 at 10:22 pm

Cumbria… What is in Cumbria that this place would be your first choice?

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )