Home > About draliman > Share Your World 2018 Week 33

Share Your World 2018 Week 33

Here is my post for Cee’s Share Your World.

share-your-world2

A class you wish you would have taken?
Hmm. Last time I answered this I said “Home Economics”. I’ve changed my mind now, though. When you’re a kid at school I don’t think there’s anything much that’s taught that you can’t learn on your own. I’m trying to remember back to when I was at school and what courses I could have taken.

I think if we move ahead to when I was in Sixth Form (age 16-18), I would have liked to have taken history.

Are you scared of heights?
No, I avoid heights because I’m scared of hurtling to the ground and splattering all over the pavement.

Are you a good cook? If so, do you consider yourself a chef?
I cook and bake some stuff and it turns out okay. I don’t think that qualifies me to be a cook, though, and definitely not a chef. I always think of “chef” as more of a job title, and I don’t have the necessary qualities, such as being good at cooking and being able to yell and swear at people all day long.

Apropos of nothing, here are some photos from the Japanese Garden in St Mawgan.

1. August 19, 2018 at 1:50 pm

Darn! If I knew there was a career out there where one of the job requirements was yelling and swearing at people all day long, I would have taken more home ec cooking classes….

2. August 19, 2018 at 3:55 pm

Did you ever watch the comedy series Chef! starring Lenny Henry? Many chefs seem to emulate him 🙂

Beautiful photos!

• August 20, 2018 at 11:42 am

Yes, many years ago. Really enjoyed it 🙂
      I’m glad you liked the photos!

3. August 19, 2018 at 5:56 pm

Who’s NOT scared of hurtling to the ground and splattering all over the pavement? 😉

4. August 20, 2018 at 1:48 pm

Nice sunny photos. So no desire to learn about the answer to everything, or how to earn a fortune? I’m taking ‘class’ in it’s widest sense obviously. History is such a big subject. Do you have a particular country or period you’re interested in? Otherwise you might be learning forever, as new history is created everyday 🙂

• August 21, 2018 at 7:15 am

I’d quite like to learn more about the Middle Ages in Britain, I think. I’m glad you liked the photos!

5. August 20, 2018 at 1:51 pm

Loved the photos!❤️

6. Trisha
    August 20, 2018 at 4:56 pm

I love your answer to the question about heights! 😂

7. August 22, 2018 at 1:51 am

Being able to yell and swear at people all day long…eh, I guess I would get tired of the word asshat after a month or so. 🙂

• August 22, 2018 at 7:14 am

Possibly, but think of all the fun you could have thinking up new and exciting insults 🙂

8. August 23, 2018 at 11:23 am

I’m with you on that heights thing. I also sometimes become dizzy and that can cause a fall. There’s that crazy urge to jump that comes over a person. That’s probably a warning from your body saying to you, “Stay away from the edge you idiot. Do you like this feeling? Be afraid, be very afraid.” O_o — Suzanne

• August 23, 2018 at 11:54 am

It is a bit weird when that happens. Maybe it’s a desire to fly free as a bird. But without the necessary equipment.

9. August 24, 2018 at 3:27 am

In my Home Ec class, we learned out to make crepes, so that came in useful about 20 years later.

• August 24, 2018 at 6:45 am

We made a jam tart once and the teacher told us to make sure we greased the tin really well. I greased and greased and greased and when I took it out the oven I burned my fingers on the tin (because of the crappy thin oven gloves they give you) and tilted it, the tart flew out of the tin, across the room and exploded across the floor 😦
      The worst of it is I was really upset and embarrassed about it back then, whereas if it had happened now I would have pissed myself laughing and posted it to Instagram 🙂

• August 25, 2018 at 10:44 pm

If only we had IG back then! 😁

• August 26, 2018 at 4:45 am

Well, there’s some things I did as a younger person that makes me glad there were no camera phones and no web back then 😉

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )