Home > About draliman > Sharing My World 20-07-2020

Sharing My World 20-07-2020

Here is my post for Melanie’s Share Your World.

Where Do You Not Mind Waiting?
I don’t mind waiting in most places as long as whatever the scheduled appointment is starts more or less on time. You have 5 minutes people. Then I start getting tetchy.

What Is In Your Fridge Right Now?
Fizzy drinks. Chilled water. Various meats. A variety of sauces (mainly hot). Loads and loads of different cheeses.

If You Could Only Speak One Word Today, What Would It Be?
Pardon?

Dammit, what a waste.

Would You Rather Be Trapped In An Elevator Full Of Men With BO Or Three Soaked Dogs? (this is with the codicil that C-19 doesnโ€™t exist)
I wouldn’t be as I wouldn’t be in a lift. I don’t do lifts. I use the stairs. But if I had to choose, definitely not the dogs, wet or no.

1. July 26, 2020 at 8:04 am

Hot sauces and cheeses. Yes and yes.

2. July 26, 2020 at 10:20 am

Lots of cheese in my fridge too!

3. July 26, 2020 at 1:35 pm

Cheese; nectar of the gods! I also take the stairs. I’ve trapped three times.

• July 26, 2020 at 3:07 pm

The only time I use a lift is when I’ve been directed to it and I’m worried I’ll get lost if I wander off looking for the stairs.

4. July 26, 2020 at 2:51 pm

I tend to use the stairs too! Of course, so do the men with BO and all of the wet dogs. You can’t win…

• July 26, 2020 at 3:09 pm

I’d rather hold my breath on the stairs than plunge to a fiery death in a lift…

5. July 26, 2020 at 3:05 pm

Have you a local shop that stocks these fine cheeses or do you order online?

• July 26, 2020 at 3:17 pm

I went hunting online when lockdown started and found The Fine Cheese Co, based in Bath. Not massively cheap, but a great range of hand-made cheeses, cave-aged cheddar etc. An amazing find!

6. July 26, 2020 at 3:59 pm

Thanks Alistair for Sharing Your Cheesy World! (not cheesy as in poor quality, cheesy as full of delicious cheese! ๐Ÿ˜€ But you knew that… ) The dogs have won the week with the question, as most bloggers chose the elevator with wet dogs versus smelly men. Oddly (because I hadn’t considered it), the stairs are taking a very close second. A lot of healthy bloggers! I’m not one sadly. I tried doing the stair thing and quickly realized I’d die (maybe literally) if I forced the issue. So it’s stench and a fiery death for me I guess. ๐Ÿ˜† Now I want CHEESE. I have some possibly past it’s aged perfection Colby cheddar in the fridge. Mmm!

• July 26, 2020 at 4:18 pm

We don’t have any tall buildings where I live so I’m quite safe!
      I had to look up “Colby” – it’s an American cheese so we don’t have it. It’s apparently somewhat similar to Cheddar so give it a go, I’m sure it will be fine ๐Ÿ™‚

7. July 26, 2020 at 8:59 pm

Nothing for it. Iโ€™m ordering extra cheese ๐Ÿง€ on my ๐Ÿ•. And yes, Iโ€™m a cheese philistine.

• July 27, 2020 at 5:22 am

You can never go wrong with extra cheese, I always say ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Mer O'Leary
    July 27, 2020 at 5:04 pm

Cheese, cheese…glorious cheese!

• July 28, 2020 at 5:12 am

And so versatile you can eat it with everything!

• Mer O'Leary
        July 28, 2020 at 5:47 pm

So very true. I recently discovered cheese curds! Yum.

9. July 27, 2020 at 6:02 pm

Granny is a cheesehead too, Draliman, it also smells better than wet doggies…well..at least sometimes…MOL๐Ÿ˜ธPawkisses for a Happy Monday๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ˜ฝ๐Ÿ’ž

• July 28, 2020 at 5:13 am

I’ve tried a couple in the past which didn’t smell better than wet doggies ๐Ÿ™‚

10. July 28, 2020 at 2:03 am

I’ve gotten a lot more patient since everything is running slow slow slow. I wonder if anything will ever be “on time.”

11. July 28, 2020 at 10:47 am

Even reading about being trapped in an elevator scares me. I’d hate to live or work someplace like a high office building or apartment house. My dad was a fireman and gave good reasons why that’s not a wise idea. I also watched the Twin Towers go down. I live in a bad enough place. It’s on the fourth level with no lift. I was thinking about moving until Covid 19 came along. I don’t look forward to moving all my stuff but this is not the perfect place. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ — Suzanne

• July 29, 2020 at 4:52 am

We don’t really have anything that high near me. Just an upstairs is enough for me ๐Ÿ™‚

12. August 1, 2020 at 8:06 pm

I can’t imagine a fridge that isn’t stuffed full of cheese. It forms the basis of so many of our meals, especially as Nick doesn’t eat meat! Also with you about lifts. I hate the things and claustrophobia sets in, big time. The fear of one breaking down is enough to give me a panic attack. Stairs are so nice and safe. ๐Ÿ˜€

• August 2, 2020 at 7:05 am

Stairs are healthier too! Lifts are just nasty.

13. August 2, 2020 at 5:16 pm

Does tetchy mean touchy?

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )