Home > My Life Musings > Clone Awards!

Clone Awards!

The lovely aliciabenton over at Imperfectly Perfect has nominated me for an award! Yay! And she was very flattering about DraliDoodles to boot!

It looks kinda familiar – the last time I saw it, it was going under the name “The 3-in-1 Award”, but this time it has a much more romantic name – “The Bouquet of Three Award”. How cool is that?

Here is a picture of the award.

Bouquet of Three

As I’ve had one which looks like this before (and handed it around) I’m going to break the rules (again) just a bit. However, I will attempt to think up some more “interesting things” about myself.

Here are the rules anyway.

1. Proudly display the Award Certificate on your blog page!

2. Announce your win with a post.  Be sure to link your post back to me as a “thank you” for the nomination.

3. Present up to 15 awards to fellow deserving bloggers.

4. Let them know you’ve nominated them for this awesome award.

5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.

Okay, (1) done, (2) yup, (3) um, (4) see (3), (5) here goes:

1) It’s interesting to note that the last time I tried to think up interesting facts about myself I had real trouble.

2) I have no big toenails due to an unfortunate ingrowing toenail episode followed by a chiropodist with a big vial of acid.

3) Number (2) wan’t interesting, it was just gross.

4) I have a PhD in laser physics and I’ve worked in IT for the last 10 years.

5) Number (4) makes me a real hoot at parties. Not.

7) I have a problem with simple maths.

Sorted. So, “Clone Awards”? I reckoned that since this is three awards in one it would need three dralimans (dralimen?) to pick them up. Although it didn’t go so well last time I thought I’d try a bit of cloning again. Here’s the result!

Clone  Awards

“Clone Awards” by DraliDoodles

That’s me in the middle.

The clone on the left (“#77856-B2/Batch 7”) appears to be eating the trophy. And something’s gone wrong with his legs. Also, upon closer inspection, his head doesn’t appear to be attached to his body.

I don’t know what’s up with the clone on the right (“Frank”). He’s run off.

1. July 24, 2013 at 7:00 pm

So funny! Your #77856-B2/Batch 7 clone reminds me of Lenny (Clone 4) in Multiplicity with Michael Keaton! Have you seen that? So funny… and it makes me want to start calling you “Steve”! Lol!

Uh, your #2 is definitely interesting!! And I can’t think of anything intelligent enough to say about #4! I don’t know anything about that nerd stuff… 😉

GREAT DraliDoodle, by the way!

• July 24, 2013 at 7:12 pm

I haven’t actually seen Multiplicity, but maybe I should. Perhaps I could pick up a few tips from the clone experts!

Nerd? NERD??? Will it help to mention I own almost everything “Star Trek” on DVD? No, probably not. You’re right. Nerd. Boo 😦

Glad you liked the DraliDoodle and thanks again for the award!

• July 24, 2013 at 7:19 pm

Nerds are cool, Drali…

“Dear Cool People,

They didn’t name a candy after you, did they?

Sincerely, Nerds”

If you don’t see the movie, you should definitely at least watch this:

• July 24, 2013 at 7:29 pm

Thanks so much for looking out the clip – very funny! Now I understand the “Steve” reference. I bet he had loads of fun playing all those different characters!

2. July 24, 2013 at 7:23 pm

Love the doodle!! And love how gracefully you handled not passing out awards 🙂

• July 24, 2013 at 7:30 pm

Pretty smooth, huh!
      Glad you liked the doodle:-)

3. July 24, 2013 at 7:25 pm

Don’t you love when you talk about your walk and watch their eyes glaze over? At least no one ever suggested that my work sounded interested. It sounded dull. It was. Dull.

• July 24, 2013 at 7:32 pm

The thing is, my work (both lasers previously and now IT) is often quite interesting to me. It’s just when I mention it that people zone out. Until they want their PC fixed, of course 🙂

4. July 25, 2013 at 1:18 am

Congratulations X 3!
    The interesting facts and the dralidoodle far surpassed any expectations I may have placed on you, but as you know I prefer to be expectation-less.
    I also have ingrown toenails, and honestly I wish I didn’t have that toe nail, so I think that’s AWESOME!!!
    Number 1 is my favorite – laugh out loud great!
    Number 3 was a little bit of both, but again, I’m jealous!
    And number 5 is true because of number 1 not number 4. 😀
    Again congrats ~ if there’s anyone who deserves the triple bouquet award of awards tis’ you and your doodles!!
    ~Andrea<3

• July 25, 2013 at 6:19 am

Thank you!
      “…number 5 is true because of number 1…” – it is true that my social skills and self-esteem could use some work 😉
      Glad you enjoyed the special-edition award doodle!

• July 25, 2013 at 6:51 am

In a totally confusing way, what I was trying to say is you’re so funny. #1 made me laugh, so it was my rationale that you’re a hoot at parties because of that.
        I was not meaning that you need to work on social skills/self esteem or the like. Not at all.
        I guess I expect you to mind read just a bit better!! 😉
        Please don’t strip me of my COO title…:(

• July 25, 2013 at 6:58 am

Ah, got you! I only leapt to my conclusion because I sadly do need to work in those areas! I’m working on a mind-reading clone and then I’ll be sorted.
        You’re still COO 🙂

• July 25, 2013 at 6:59 am

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh! *fist pumping big time* 😀

• July 25, 2013 at 7:00 am

Not sadly, we all need work in those areas…we’re forever works of art…refine, refine, refine…and then do something different to shake it all up!!!

5. July 25, 2013 at 4:56 am

Congrats on your award.
    The clones, I thought two were on a raft and one had fallen overboard to be left behind in the waves.
    Then I read the comments, oops. I think the center doodle swallowed his award and it got stuck in his neck.
    Good grief I really wrote that crap to a PhD guy! Teasing, as always, love your doodles.

• July 25, 2013 at 6:24 am

Ooh, you’re such a teaser 😉
      Glad you liked the doodle!

6. kirsten
    July 29, 2013 at 9:51 am

The clone on the left is wearing a kilt, there is nothing wrong with his legs. Or is there? You can’t tell because of the long kilt he is wearing.

You have a PhD? I want one, but I can’t decide what I want to study. You could have called this blog Dr. Draliman. What is laser physics? If you say it is the physics of lasers I will come over there and pinch you! 😉

• July 29, 2013 at 10:47 am

Yes, that’s it, it’s a kilt 😉
      The “dr” in “draliman” is the Dr!

Hmm, it kinda is the physics of lasers but I don’t want a pinch 😦
      In a nutshell I was looking at how much of the input power (electricity) was being converted to actual light out and how much was getting lost through other means, and how we could therefore improve the lasers (“Radiative and Nonradiative Recombination in Visible and 1.3um Semiconductor Lasers” I think was the title, or words to that effect).
      I did experiments and analysis as I’m too thick to do the heavy theoretical stuff – we had mathematical physicists for that.

• kirsten
        July 29, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Oh. 😦 The ‘Dr’ in Draliman is the Dr. I feel a bit silly now.

Your explanation makes sense, and believe it or not I even understand the title! Did you make any amazing discoveries? Are lasers now 50% more efficient than they used to be thanks to you? It sounds interesting. Was like a real-life Big Bang??? Please say it was!

I think I would like to do a doctorate in chemistry, but I only got as far as a-level. There is always the Open University I suppose. . .

• July 29, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Unfortunately I believe when asked in my PhD viva my answer was something like “I’ve discovered that this is what’s going on, it’s a fundamental property of lasers at these wavelengths and there’s nothing we can do about it” 😦
        That’s valuable information in itself, I suppose. But not really Nobel-winning Big Bang stuff. Sorry.

Eek, chemistry! I didn’t even do an O-Level in Chemistry! I was about the only one doing Physics at university who didn’t do it to A-Level.
        Good luck with your decisions 🙂

• kirsten
        July 29, 2013 at 1:35 pm

You’re right, valuable information in itself!

My physics teacher was trying to get everyone to do A-level physics because no one really liked it. It was my least favourite of the sciences – sorry – although I appreciate it’s importance: gravity and all that 🙂

• July 29, 2013 at 1:39 pm

It’s not everyone’s cup of tea 🙂

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )