Home > About draliman > Sharing My World 02-08-2021

Sharing My World 02-08-2021

Here is my post for Melanie’s Share Your World.

If you could be anywhere else right now, where would it be?
In my secret volcano lair on a faraway tropical island. I couldn’t get an extinct one, all the Bond villains had snapped them up, but I’m sure it won’t erupt. At least it doesn’t need extra heating.

What Wastes The Most Time In Your Day To Day Life?
Time? Waste? Nothing I do is a waste of time. Binge-watching Supergirl on NowTV is educational.

How would you describe your greatest enemy? If you donโ€™t have one, share your secret! ๐Ÿ™‚
The secret to not having a greatest enemy is to do what I did. You sit in your volcano lair (hoping it won’t suddenly erupt) and organise your minions to “take care” of them.

If you were a bird, what kind of bird would you be?
A bird? A bird? I don’t want to be a bird ๐Ÿ˜ฎ But if I had to be a bird I’d be one of those which glides on the thermals. Because I’m pretty lazy and I can’t be having with all that constant flapping.

1. Lyn
    August 8, 2021 at 6:25 am

If you were a bird, you could use the heated thermals rising from your volcano lair ๐Ÿฆ… ๐Ÿ˜‰

2. August 8, 2021 at 9:12 am

I would be an Angry Bird ๐Ÿ˜…

3. August 8, 2021 at 2:37 pm

Thanks, Alistair, for Sharing Your World! I like the idea of a secret hidden volcano (dormant) lair. One could really get away from it all, and if it did erupt? Hey no packing! Save a ton on heating costs too as you said! Thermal glider, hmmm? Sounds reasonable to me! Have a great week! ๐Ÿ™‚

• August 8, 2021 at 3:52 pm

Yes, if I got it right I would be ejected and could use the glider built into my throne to escape!

4. August 8, 2021 at 2:52 pm

Volcanoes usually give off signs that they’re about to erupt. So all you need to do is time the arrival of your greatest enemy (who will, of course, defeat all of your minions singlehandedly) for when it goes off… while taking the back door to your next new secret volcano lair.

• August 8, 2021 at 3:53 pm

As long as my backup volcano lair isn’t about to erupt as well…

5. August 8, 2021 at 3:00 pm

The thought of you being a lazy bird made me laugh!
    I once looked out a window during a hurricane and this poor little bird was flapping as hard as he could but just wasn’t making any progress. Except for his wings, he was motionless. I’ll never forget that. I hope he survived. Jeez, I went from a high to a low pretty fast!

• August 8, 2021 at 3:54 pm

Ooh noo, now I’m worried about the poor little bird. Let’s agree that he made it ๐Ÿ™‚

6. August 8, 2021 at 4:26 pm

I hear ya about all that flapping. Once I saw a seagull frolicking (or so it appeared to me) in the surf at the beach. I told my cousin, the avid bird watcher about it, and he said that birds didn’t frolic or play, that they had a very hard life. So when deciding to answer this question i googled “Birds with the easiest life”. lol.

7. August 8, 2021 at 5:09 pm

Little birds DO play. They have flying games. They roll down roofs and don’t open their wings until they nearly it the ground. They aren’t eating or mating and the only POSSIBLE think they can be doing it PLAYING. it’s also a lot of fun to laugh. Never seen larger birds do this, but Chickadees are playful and sometimes, so are the Goldfinches.

• August 9, 2021 at 5:19 am

I expect larger birds are too distinguished and above such things as mucking about.

8. August 8, 2021 at 5:11 pm

From my bird site:
    “All species of birds in the wild are constantly on the move, flying, hopping in trees from limb to limb, foraging for food, and even playing. Yes, birds in the wild do indeed play. They interact for fun and play with other birds as well as with inanimate, found objects as well.”

9. August 8, 2021 at 9:46 pm

LOL! We observe the rare Dralibird in his natural habitat; drifting high above a volcano on a drone.

• August 9, 2021 at 5:19 am

Yay, that’s me, way up there on my drone, being lazy ๐Ÿ™‚

10. August 9, 2021 at 1:07 pm

It would be nice to know how to fly, though.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )